IS YOUR STRATEGIC PLAN BASED ON THE PAST, OR ON WHAT'S COMING NEXT?
DISCUSS trends that will impact your community
DEFINE disruptions that could affect your regions
CREATE a strategic action plan to help your community reach its full potential.
SHARPEN YOUR FOCUS AT A FUTURES LAB.
What the Heck is a Futures Lab?
A Futures Lab is a set of interactive workshops facilitated by economist and futurist Rebecca Ryan. End-to-end, the process usually runs six months and focuses on two deliverables: engaging your key people to talk and think differently about the future; and developing an exciting, future-focused plan. You get:
- Proprietary in-depth research on trends that will impact your organization or community.
- Two days of on-site suturing workshops that will inspire and engage your stakeholders and help you prioritize your future.
- A beautiful written plan and recommendations from our futurists.
- A quarterly check-in call for the first year - everyone needs accountability!
The Infrastructure [Futures] Lab was the linchpin collaborative experience in getting our business and elected leaders on the same page about overturning years of inaction in funding South Carolina's highways and bridges.
How Will My Organization Benefit?
The exercises you'll do in the Futures Lab will get you thinking about the future, rather than rehashing the past. Look at existing and potential issues through the lab's "Four Scenarios for Our Future" and you'll see what your future could be if you don't take action now.
Which actions should you take? That's what we'll figure out together.
You'll come out with a great strategic direction, and the way you'll get there will be totally innovative and engaging. We promise.
Whom Should We Invite to the Lab?
We recommend a 50/50 blend of traditionalists (they might be called "the usual suspects") and off-the-wall weirdos, i.e. artists, entrepreneurs, hackers, vegans, students, oddballs, rabble-rousers and people who just think differently.
How Much is this Gonna Cost?
Futures Labs start at $50,000. We offer a money-back guarantee - if your organization is not more prepared - and mobilized - after a Futures Lab, you don't pay one penny. Contact us to learn more.
You'll Be in Good Company
We've run labs for communities and companies across the US and Canada, including:
- Charleston, SC - the future of quality of life
- Charleston, WV - the future of downtown
- Columbia, SC - the future of the business community
- Eau Claire, WI - the future of the region’s creative economy
- Filene Institute - the future of financial empowerment
- Omaha, NE - the future of the region’s economic prosperity
- Moss Adams - the future of public accounting
- Tacoma, WA - the future of the city
- Trek - the future of biking
- Tucson, AZ - the future of the workforce
.... and more! Contact us for references.
Get In Touch
Thank you for contacting us. We will follow up with your request promptly!
Want to take a deeper dive into the strategic foresight process for your community, Chamber or organization? Rebecca has lead dozens of successful community foresight processes across the nation, from Charleston, SC to Omaha, NE.Tell Me More