Sometimes you have a project that doesn’t fit into a neat box. We've got you covered.
Consulting projects are generally 6 to 24-month engagements that are highly customized to respond to questions like:
- What will the future of our regional economy be in 20 years? (Greater Omaha Chamber)
- What is the future of innovation in cities? (Foresight Council)
- What is the future of local government in Wisconsin? (Local Government Institute of Wisconsin)
- How does our future connect to our comprehensive plans? (Cities of Minnetonka, Eagan, Cottage Grove, St. Louis Park)
- What is the role of the business community in the future of Arizona’s education and workforce systems?
Past clients include:
- Alliance for Innovation
- AGRiP (Association of Governmental Risk Pools)
- Business Community of Tucson AZ
- California Joint Powers Insurance Authority
- Charleston Metro Chamber of Commerce
- Cities of Minnetonka, Eagan, Cottage Grove, and St. Louis Park, MN
- Columbia Chamber
- Foresight Council
- Greater Omaha Chamber, partnering with the United Way of the Midlands and the Urban League of Nebraska
- Local Government Institute of WI
Want to talk with us about the future of your organization? Email Lisa at firstname.lastname@example.org
"Our organization has thoroughly enjoyed working with Rebecca Ryan and NEXT Generation Consulting. We began with the intent of revising our strategic plan to be more reflective of our desired future. Rebekah helped us recognize that our old strategic plan was rooted in the past, where as our future was dependent upon our looking forward with strategic foresight. As an organization, we have undertaken a systematic exploration of many of the trends affecting our industry, and our organization individually. This exploration has allowed us to identify plausible desired futures, and the sign posts along the way that will guide us toward our desired result. Rebecca's energetic and captivating delivery engaged members of our staff and our governing board as we worked through this process. I would highly recommend working with Rebecca and NEXT Generation Consulting to anyone looking toward the future of their organization."
Rebecca’s work exceeded our expectations to educate our members, engage them to be excited about a future-focused planning process, and lay a foundation for their pool-specific work at both a Board and staff level…. [She] is a skilled facilitator who is knowledgeable about the public sector, including risks and issues paramount to managing public resources. Rebecca is savvy in terms of the careful economic, political, and social balance at play in local government entities and pools. In my experience, Rebecca is not a “pro forma" facilitator – she isn't going to ask the same generic questions to a public entity pool that she would to a clothing retail business, or a gas production company. She has preferred facilitation methods and techniques, but Rebecca's strong familiarity with public sector clients, issues, and realities means that she can quickly get into the most meaningful conversations, adeptly sorting discussions into what matters and what doesn't.”
“The Infrastructure Vision Lab was the linchpin collaborative experience in getting our business and elected leaders on the same page about overturning years of inaction in funding South Carolina’s highways and bridges. In one day, we determined the need for a $.25 increase and used that agreed to funding bar as the private sector’s goal for increasing the state’s motor fuel user fee. The goal was aggressive and pro-active and resulted in a final legislative win of $.12 over a six year phase in period. Without the Vision Lab, the aspirational funding goal would have never been set and the push for the legislative action crystallized. Now four years later, we have achieved the first step in the long-term funding of Greater Charleston and the state of South Carolina’s vital infrastructure."